Instant Pot Strawberry Applesauce is a simple idea that is really tasty.
I like that this recipe can be made without adding sugar to it as well!
Instant Pot Strawberry Applesauce
A flavorful applesauce recipe that has no added sugar in it.
I like that you get the flavors of both apples and strawberries in this recipe!
Did you try my basic recipe for applesauce without added sugar?
That recipe for applesauce has apples and no other fruit in it like this recipe has strawberries.
Also, that recipe is made on a stove and not in an instant pot.
Hey, did you know that there are some really cool accessories for Instant Pots and Pressure Cookers? You can see some helpful accessories for Instant Pots and Pressure cookers here.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking what flavors of applesauce are there.
Let me first start by saying applesauce by itself is perfectly delicious.
However, sometimes it is fun to try something different and this recipe is just one way to do that!
Strawberry applesauce is basically applesauce made with strawberries.
The combination of strawberries and apples is a complementary one that really does taste good.
You may also like the colorful pink-ish appearance of this applesauce thanks to the strawberries.
Here is how to prepare your apples to make applesauce.
Peeling the apples will make the texture of this applesauce more uniform in texture.
I would suggest peeling your apples using a vegetable peeler for this reason before adding them to this recipe.
You will also need to remove the core before you can slice up your apple.
Here are some tips for making instant pot applesauce.
While this recipe is for strawberries and apples, you could experiment by subbing in another kind of berry such as raspberries. You may need to make some ingredient adjustments for flavor or texture by doing this.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- Use more than one kind apple to get a more flavorful sauce. For example, I like to use both sweet and less sweet apple varieties together when making applesauce because of the way that the can work together.
- Adding seasonings can really make this applesauce taste better and be more 'fall-like". I like ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or even apple pie spice.
- Using a sugar alternative is not necessary for this recipe as we can assume that the apples can take care of this on their own. However, when your applesauce is done cooking and has cooled you may want to take a taste of it to determine if it may taste a bit better with a bit of sweetener or honey.
Here is how to store strawberry applesauce.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Homemade Watermelon Kiwi Slushies.
- Sugar Free Fruit Cheesecake.
- Pina Colada Popsicles with No Added Sugar.
- Sugar Free French Toast Casserole.
- Boston Cream Pie Cake with No Added Sugar.
- Sugar Free Nut Butter Dip.
- How to make Sugar Free Ketchup
- Sugar Free Homemade Peanut Butter.
- How to make Sugar Free Lemon Frozen Yogurt.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
Everyone always seems to ask what are the best apples to use when making applesauce?
I like to use more than one variety of apple in my sauce to make the taste a bit more personable.
This helps give the applesauce a better taste.
However, many people like to certain varieties of apples that seem to be more successful.
Among the most popular varieties of apples that can be used for sauce, you may hear about any of these:
- Golden Delicious
- Red Delicious
Some of the above apple varieties are location specific and may not be available in your neck of the woods. Obviously, this is not a complete list of apples that make the best sauce. I tend to stick with what is ripe at the time that I am making applesauce. I also like to mix something that is a bit tart with something that may be a bit sweeter just to balance them out.
Ingredients needed to make Strawberry Applesauce in an instant pot.
- Apples- 2 pounds. That is about five to six average sized.
- Strawberries- 4 cups. The strawberries should have their stems removed before measuring them.
- Optional- Sugar alternative or honey. This is to taste- up to three tablespoons.
How to make Instant Pot Strawberry Applesauce
- Prepare your apples by peeling them and slicing them into wedges. Then prepare the strawberries by removing the stems. You can slice the strawberries in half if desired.
- Place the prepared apples and strawberries in the instant pot.
- Add enough water to the instant pot to fully cover the fruit. You can add optional sugar alternative or honey at this point as well.
- Next, seal the instant pot and the pressure valve. Cook the applesauce on high pressure for six minutes. Then allow the pressure to release naturally from the pot.
- When the instant pot has finished and the applesauce has somewhat cooled, transfer it to a blender and blend for one minute to smooth it out. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Allow the applesauce to fully cool before transferring it to a container or serving.
The Recipe Card for Instant Pot Strawberry Applesauce
Instant Pot Strawberry Apple Sauce
- Instant Pot
- Prepare the apples and the strawberries as indicated. Place them into the instant pot and cover with water. Add any desired optional sweetener.
- Seal the instant pot and the pressure valve. Cook the applesauce on high pressure for six minutes. Then allow the pressure to release naturally from the pot. When the instant pot has finished and the applesauce has somewhat cooled, transfer it to a blender and blend for one minute to smooth it out. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Allow to cool.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
How to make Instant Pot Strawberry Applesauce with no added sugar. This delicious sugar free apple recipe is vegan.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.