These Sugar Free Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes are really easy to make.
Even better, these cupcakes taste like sweet and lush pumpkin cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting on top!
Sugar Free Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes recipe.
This is a simple recipe for a tasty fall dessert that is made with actual pumpkin puree.
The cream cheese frosting on the cupcakes is made with cinnamon flavoring and no added sugar .
Did you try my Sugar Free Keto Pumpkin Muffins?
Those delicious muffins are also made with pumpkin and no added sugar. Both these cupcakes and those muffins are tasty low carbohydrate pumpkin flavored goodies made with no added sugar!
Line your cupcake pan with fall inspired liners to prevent the cupcakes from sticking. You can fine autumn inspired cupcake liners here.
Pumpkin puree is used in this recipe to make the cupcakes.
While there are nutritional benefits to adding pumpkin, there are also culinary benefits.
The pumpkin puree that is in this recipe adds both flavor and color the cupcakes. However, pumpkin puree also a low fat moisture that makes these cupcakes both moist and lower in fat.
Light and 'fluffy' or airy cupcakes make for a better treat as they are less chewy and more tasty. Using a fine or superfine almond flour rather than almond meal helps in this recipe.
However, adding the baking powder and the baking soda introduces air to the cupcake batter. This helps to make the cupcakes more fluffy as a result.
Here are some tips for making frosted pumpkin sugar free and keto cupcakes.
This recipe is made with almond flour. When selecting an almond flour, use blanched almond flour and not almond meal for best results.
More helpful tips for you.
- Measuring the almond flour accurately is important to this recipe. Adding too much almond flour can make these cupcakes too dry to enjoy.
- My cupcakes were made using granular erythritol. Feel free to substitute in another granular sugar alternative that can be baked with and also measures like erythritol.
- The frosting for these cupcakes is made with cream cheese and butter. For best results, make sure that these ingredients are softened to room temperature first.
- The frosting on my cupcakes was applied using a piping bag with tip. You can alternatively use a frosting knife to apply your frosting.
How to store pumpkin cupcakes.
These cupcakes should be stored in an airtight container. If properly stored and refrigerated, they should keep for up to five days.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Truffle Bites
- Low Carb Keto Tiramisu in a Jar
- Sugar Free Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- Keto No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- Sugar Free Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
- No Bake Lemon Keto Bars
- Sugar Free Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- KETO Low Carb COOKIE DOUGH Bombs
Keep up to date with my recipes
About this recipe for Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes made without added sugar.
This is a cupcake recipe that is made using almond flour and pumpkin puree.
The pumpkins are sweetened with granulated erythritol, or the granular sugar alternative of your choice.
On top of the cupcakes is a cream cheese and butter frosting.
Both the cupcakes and the frosting are made with no added sugar.
They are also low in carbohydrates and gluten free.
Ingredients needed to make sugar free pumpkin cupcakes.
- Almond Flour. You should however use a blanched almond flour for this recipe.
- Baking powder and baking soda. Both are used for leavening.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice is for added flavoring. You can also use cinnamon as an alternative.
- Pumpkin Puree. Adds flavor, color, and a bit of moisture to the cupcakes.
- Vegetable Oil. A neutral oil that adds moisture. You can however feel free to sub in another oil of choice.
- Erythritol. However, you can use the sugar alternative that measures the same as erythritol and that you can be baked with.
- Eggs. The eggs are used as a binder for the gluten free flour as well as for moisture for the cupcakes.
- Vanilla Extract. For added flavor balance.
- Sugar Free Powdered Sugar. This is used to make the frosting.
- Cream Cheese. The cream cheese should be softened to room temperature as it is needed to make the frosting.
- Butter. You should also soften your butter to room temperature for the frosting.
- Vanilla or Maple Extract. This adds additional flavor to the frosting.
How to make Sugar Free Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Bake Time: 30 minutes.
Yields: 12 average sized cupcakes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your cupcake pan for nonstick.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to mix together your almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, you can beat together your pumpkin puree, sugar alternative, and the oil until smooth. Then beat in the the eggs and vanilla extract (one teaspoon).
- Add your dry ingredients from the first bowl to the ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir until just combined.
- Bake the cupcakes for 28 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow your cupcakes to cool to room temperature for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- For the frosting, you can beat together the remaining ingredients until creamy. Use a piping bag with tip or frosting knife to frost the cooled cupcakes.
Expert tip 👉 Fill the cupcakes pan only ¾" of the way full. This will help with expansion of the ingredients while baking as well as making for an easier clean up!
👇 Have you seen these popular recipes? 👇
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes
Sugar Free Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil - see post for details and alternatives
- 1 cup Erythritol - see post for details and alternatives
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sugar Free Powdered Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese - see post for details
- 6 tbsp Butter - see post for details
- 1 tsp Maple Extract - or vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your cupcake pan for nonstick.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to mix together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, sugar alternative, and the oil until smooth. Then beat in the the eggs and vanilla extract (one teaspoon).
- Add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir until just combined. Bake the cupcakes for 28 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- For the frosting, beat together the remaining ingredients until creamy. Use a piping bag with tip or frosting knife to frost the cooled cupcakes.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
most recently updated:October 4, 2022
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Table of contents for this frosted cupcake recipe.
- Sugar Free Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes recipe.
- Here are some tips for making frosted pumpkin sugar free and keto cupcakes.
- How to store pumpkin cupcakes.
- About this recipe for Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes made without added sugar.
Thanks so much for visiting thesugarfreediva.com!
If you decide to make this recipe, please @thesugarfreediva on social to let me know how it turned out for you.
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you. Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life! Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can thus however, vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Sugar Free Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes, a simple recipe for a tasty fall dessert with cinnamon frosting made with no added sugar.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.