No bake Sugar Free Key Lime Jello Pie is an easy recipe to make.
This homemade pie tastes like delicious goodness with a hint of flavorful lime.
About this recipe for Easy Key Lime Pie.
This recipe for key lime pie is flavored with lime gelatin that has no added sugar in it.
Whipped topping is added to the gelatin to give it the lush texture that you would expect from a lime pie.
Did you try my Sugar Free Strawberry Jello Pie
That is a similar recipe to this one. However, this recipe is key lime flavored while that recipe is strawberry flavored.
To make this recipe you will need sugar free lime flavored gelatin. You can find lime flavored gelatin here.
A true 'Key Lime Pie' is a baked pie that is made with ingredients such as key limes (juice and zest), eggs, and sweetened condensed milk. While key lime pie is delicious, it also has sugar and other ingredients that you may not want in your pie.
Key lime pie gets its name from the location of its origin. If you have ever traveled to the Florida Keys, you probably have seen many tasty versions of key lime pie.
Technically, this is a lime pie recipe that is intended to be lower in sugar and easier to make. That is, this is a no bake and sugar free lime pie recipe.
However, if you want more of a key lime flavor, you can add a bit of key lime juice to your pie. I would not add more than a tablespoon or so as you already are adding lime flavor. Also, make sure that your key lime juice does not have added sugar.
Here are some tips for making Jello pie.
Key lime pie seems to taste even more authentic when you serve it with slices of lime. You can also top your pie with lime zest as well.
Here are some more tips for you.
- This recipe uses a tub of whipped topping such as Cool Whip. There are sugar free versions of this available in the freezer section of most large grocery or box stores.
- This recipe uses both boiling water and ice cold water. It is essential that you use the boiling and the ice water as the reaction is what helps the pie set.
- While I am providing you with a pie crust recipe, you are welcome to use the pie crust of your choice. You can even use a premade pie crust if desired.
How to store sugar free lime pie.
This pie should be well covered and refrigerated for up to five days.
However, this pie does not tend to freeze well like similar pudding versions do.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- No Added Sugar Blueberry Lemon Sorbet
- Sugar Free Apple Pie
- Low Carb Keto Tiramisu in a Jar
- The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Brownies
- How to Make Sugar Free Marshmallows
- Sugar Free Lemon Bundt Cake
- Keto No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- FABULOUS Sugar Free Fudge
- Sugar Free Biscotti Recipe
Keep up to date with my recipes
Be sure to follow me on Facebook , Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my recipes via email to keep up to date as well.
Ingredients needed to make key lime pie with no added sugar.
This pie recipe is a sugar free version of key lime pie. It is intended to be a lower fat and lower calorie option as well.
Here are the ingredients that are used in this recipe.
- A sugar free pie crust either purchased or using a recipe such as the one provided below.
- Boiling Water- needed for the gelatin reaction to take place.
- Cold Water- - this too is needed for the gelatin reaction to take place. You cold water will need a couple of ice cubes in it.
- Sugar Free Lime Jello- 1 (.3 ounce package). This gives the pie flavor.
- Whipped Topping- this is what gives this recipe the structure that you would expect from a pie.
- Toppings as desired- this would include sliced limes, additional whipped topping, or lime zest.
How to make a sugar free pie crust.
You will need:
- Almond Flour- 2 cups.
- Pecans- ½ cup. The pecans should be chopped fine.
- Sugar Free powdered Sugar- ⅓ cup.
- Butter- ½ cup (1 stick) melted.
How to make the crust.
Place chopped pecans and almond flour in a skillet on medium heat stirring frequently until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Then combine the toasted ingredients with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
When you are able to press this ingredients together, press it into a prepared pie pan and then refrigerate until set.
How to make Sugar Free Key Lime Jello Pie
- Make your crust and allow it to set if you are not using a premade crust.
- Place the gelatin into a heat safe mixing bowl. Then heat the water using the method of your choice.
- When the water starts to boil you can carefully pour the boiling water into the heat safe bowl where you had placed the gelatin. Stir or whisk the gelatin continually until it is completely dissolved ( this should take about two minutes).
- Once the gelatin has fully dissolved in the water, you can stir in the cold water and continue stirring until the cubes have fully dissolved.
- Next, use a whisk to add in the whipped topping until blended. Once blended, you can refrigerate for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove the thickened pie filling from the refrigerator and transfer it to the pie crust, evenly distributing it over the crust. Top the pie with the lime zest. and the refrigerate it until set (about four hours).
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Key Lime Jello Pie
Sugar Free Key Lime Jello Pie
- ⅔ cup Boiling water
- 1 Sugar Free Lime Jello
- 1 cup Ice Water
- 8 ounces Whipped Topping
- 2 tsp Lime Zest
- Carefully pour the boiling water into a heat safe bowl. Then dissolve the sugar free jello in the bowling water, stirring to enable dissolve process
- Stir in the ice water until the ice has fully melted.
- Next, stir in the whipped topping and then switch to a whisk to whip this. Once blended, you can refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove the thickened pie filling and transfer it to the pie crust . Top with the lime zest. Refrigerate until firm
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please @thsugarfreediva on social to let me know how it turned out for you.
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Sugar Free Key Lime Jello Pie, a simple no bake dessert recipe made with gelatin and that has no added sugar.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.
When sugar free means aspartame, we just substitute one poison with another.
I like to use a variety of alternatives to sugar myself. Thanks!
What size of sugar free jello the small or large ?
Hi 4 servings which I believe is the small thanks!