Sugar Free Strawberry Sorbet is a simply yet, delicious frozen recipe idea.
I really like how this sorbet tastes like fresh strawberries that have been frozen into a sweet dessert.
Sugar Free Strawberry Sorbet
This is a frozen dessert recipe that features fresh strawberries.
Also, this is a no churn no cook recipe for sorbet.
Did you try my Sugar Free Orange Sorbet ?
That orange sorbet features fresh orange juice that brings its own natural sugar to a tasty dessert.
This recipe is similar but, it is sweetened with the natural sugar from strawberries.
While I am using a no churn recipe that calls for a food processor or blender, you could use a sorbet maker instead. You can find sorbet makers at decent prices here.
People often ask does sorbet need sugar.
Traditional sorbet often uses sugar to make a syrup when heated on the stove.
The syrup acts as both a sweetener and to keep the texture and the sorbet from freezing as a solid.
Thankfully, there are other ways to add flavor to sorbet while preventing it from becoming frozen solid.
We are adding lemon juice to help keep the the texture of the sorbet.
And for sweetening, or balancing out the flavor, we are using sugar alternative.
What makes a sorbet a sorbet and not a sherbet?
Yes, sorbet and sherbet seem so much alike.
I mean, they are both frozen and both (usually) are made with fruit.
However, there is a difference between sorbet and sherbet.
Sorbet is traditionally made with fruit and sugar with maybe some lemon juice.
Sherbet on the other hand, has a bit of added dairy, making it a bit smoother and less icy.
Here are some tips for making homemade sorbet.
Yes, we are using strawberries to make this sorbet.
However, you really can use about any fruit or even a combination of fruit.
More tips for you.
- You can make this recipe into a sherbet. Simply stir in a half of cup of milk or similar dairy that measure like milk.
- My sorbet was made using a loaf pan similar to what ice cream can be frozen in. You really can use any kind of container to freeze your sorbet in.
- To make this recipe in an ice cream maker, simply combine your ingredients and then follow the manufacturers instructions for making sorbet.
How to store homemade sorbet.
This homemade sorbet should be stored in a freezer as airtight as possible to prevent it from getting too icy. If yours does get icy, simply re-process it in your blender.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- No sugar added oatmeal and raisin cookies
- Sugar Free Keto Blizzard Recipe
- FABULOUS Sugar Free Fudge
- 10 Sugar Free Frozen Ice Cream and Popsicle Recipes
- Sugar Free Keto Frozen Fruit Bars
- Keto No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- Sugar Free Cherry Frozen Yogurt
- 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Frozen Fudge Pops
- Sugar Free Copycat Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
How to prepare the strawberries for sorbet.
I like to use fresh strawberries for a recipe such as this.
Rinse or wash the strawberries as you normally may do.
Remove the stems from the strawberries.
Then cut them in half and place the strawberries in the freezer until they are frozen (a few hours or so).
You can cut this step out by using frozen strawberries from your local grocery store however.
Ingredients needed to make sugar free and keto friendly sorbet.
- Strawberries- 1 pound. This is one (16 ounce) bag of frozen strawberries. If you are using the frozen strawberries make sure that there is no added syrup.
- Lemon Juice- 1 teaspoon.
- Water or Sugar Free Lemonade- ¼ cup.
- Sugar Alternative- 1-2 teaspoons or as desired for taste.
How to make Sugar Free Strawberry Sorbet.
- Use a food processor or strong blender to make this recipe. Also, you will need a freezer container for homemade ice cream that will also fit nicely in your freezer.
- Prepare your strawberries as described above. They should be hulled and halved or sliced before being frozen for this recipe. It takes a couple of hours to freeze the strawberries. You could however just buy a bag of frozen strawberries.
- Puree the strawberries in your food processor or blender for one minute. Then add the remaining ingredients and continue processing until fully pureed.
- Transfer the mixture to your freezer container and freeze for an hour and a half. Remove the container from the freezer and mix around the sorbet to break up any chunks. Then place it back into the freezer and freeze until firm. Allow the sorbet to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving to help allow it become smooth for serving. Store this in an airtight container to help prevent crystallization.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Strawberry Sorbet
Sugar Free Strawberry Sorbet,
- Prepare your strawberries as described . They should be hulled and halved or sliced before being frozen for this recipe. Puree the frozen strawberries in your food processor or blender for one minute. Then add the remaining ingredients and continue processing until fully pureed.
- Transfer the mixture to your freezer container and freeze for an hour and a half. Remove the container from the freezer and mix around the sorbet to break up any chunks. Then place it back into the freezer and freeze until firm.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Sugar Free Strawberry Sorbet, a simple no churn dessert recipe that features fruit and no added sugar. Keto, low carb, and gluten free.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.