Sugar Free French Silk Pie that tastes so good!
I really like how chocolaty and rich this pie tastes but, without the sugar!
Sugar Free French Silk Pie
This pie recipe is easy to make and is perfect for desserts, picnics, or any time that you are entertaining.
Even better, this pie can also be made low in carbohydrates and gluten free!
Did you try my Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Pie recipe?
That chocolate pudding pie recipe is similar to this recipe.
However, this recipe is has a texture that is more lush and has an added layer to it which includes shaved chocolate.
Store your pie in a covered pie dish that you can easily take with you. You can find a good selection of covered pie dishes here.
People ask what is French Silk Pie made of.
French silk pie is known for its soufflé-like chocolate texture.
This is because a true French silk pie usually has eggs and is cooked.
French silk pie basically has three layers.
There is the pie crust layer which is topped by a chocolatey filling.
On top of the filling is whipped topping with shaved chocolate.
You may be wondering why is it called French Silk Pie.
Some folks believe that the French silk pie is a version of a silky chocolate pie.
However, there is also the popular belief that French silk pie is actually an American idea.
French silk refers to the airy texture of the pie.
This airy texture comes from the mousse filling. However, we can also a well-whipped pudding to get that airy texture and make this pie easier to make and egg-free as a result.
Here are some tips for making this sugar free and keto French silk pie.
To make the chocolate shavings, you can use an unsweetened chocolate bar or keto sugar free dark chocolate bar. A darker chocolate will hold up better than a milk chocolate when it comes to making shavings.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- While this recipe is for sugar free pie, you can make this a keto pie. You can find keto chocolate pudding here.
- While I am providing you with a pie crust recipe, you are welcome to use the pie crust of your choice. You can even use a premade pie crust if desired.
- Top this pie with sugar free sprinkles with or instead of the shaved chocolate. You can find sugar free sprinkles here.
How to store French Silk Pie.
Leftover pie should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If properly stored, it should keep for up to four days.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Easy Keto Sugar Free Key Lime Pie
- Sugar Free Apple Pie
- Low Carb Keto Tiramisu in a Jar
- The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Brownies
- How to Make Sugar Free Marshmallows
- Sugar Free Lemon Bundt Cake
- Keto No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- FABULOUS Sugar Free Fudge
- Sugar Free Biscotti Recipe
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
How to make a sugar free pie crust.
You will need:
- Almond Flour- 2 cups.
- Pecans- ½ cup. The pecans should be chopped fine.
- Sugar Free powdered Sugar- ⅓ cup.
- Butter- ½ cup (1 stick) melted.
How to make the crust.
Place chopped pecans and almond flour in a skillet on medium heat stirring frequently until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Then combine the toasted ingredients with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. When you are able to press this ingredients together, press it into a prepared pie pan and then refrigerate until set.
What you will need to make this Sugar Free French Silk Pie.
- Sugar Free Pie Crust- 1. See above for a pie crust recipe that is also keto and gluten free diet friendly. You may also be able to find a pre-made pie crust with a small amount or no sugar as well.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding.- 1 four serving box. Instant works best in this recipe. You will use this as a dry mix and not prepared.
- Milk- 1 ½ cups, cold. Feel free to use an alternative such as almond milk.
- Sugar Free Whipped Topping- 1 ¾ cups, divided.recipe for sugar free whipped topping here that you can use. If you cannot find sugar free whipped topping in your local grocery store, read the label on what is available as these are often low in sugar.
- Optional- sugar free chocolate shavings. As needed for a topping. Sugar free chocolate chips can work too.
How to make Sugar Free French Silk Pie
- If you have made a homemade pie crust, please allow it to cool before making this recipe. You can refrigerate the pie crust until you are ready to use it.
- I like to use a whisk attachment on my stand mixer on this.
- To make the pie filling, whisk together the sugar free chocolate pudding mix and the milk until it appears to be 'fluffy' and blended. This should take a few minutes. Then beat in one cup of the whipped topping with the cholate pudding mixture.
The remaining topping will be used to top the pie as the topping layer, you can place it back into the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Transfer the whipped filling mixture into the refrigerated pie crust. Evenly distribute the filling before placing the pie back into the refrigerator to firm up.
- It should take about 45 minutes to firm up enough to add the topping.
Once the filling is firm, you can top it with the remaining whipped topping and chocolate shavings before serving .
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free French Silk Pie
Sugar Free French Silk Pie
See recipe post for a keto sugar free crust recipe. Also, chocolate shavings needed as desired for topping this pie.
- If you have made a homemade pie crust, please allow it to cool before making this recipe. You can refrigerate the pie crust until you are ready to use it
- To make the pie filling, whisk together the sugar free chocolate pudding mix and the milk until it appears to be 'fluffy' and blended. This should take a few minutes. Then beat in one cup of the whipped topping with the cholate pudding mixture. The remaining topping will be used to top the pie as the topping layer, you can place it back into the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Transfer the whipped mixture into pie crust. Evenly distribute it as the filling before placing the pie into the refrigerator to firm up.It should take about 45 minutes to firm up enough to add the topping. Once the filling is firm, you can top it with the remaining whipped topping and chocolate shavings before serving .
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
most recently updated:May 11, 2022
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
You can enjoy the lush taste of a French Silk Pie without all of the sugar. This is the recipe for how to make a Sugar Free French Silk Pie.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.