I love that frittata is a delicious way to get an entire meal in one place.
It’s the protein from the eggs and the veggies that make for a perfect kind of a meal.
DELICIOUS! Muffin Frittatas
I like to make this meal even more by using a fun muffin tin.
You can really just use a regular muffin pan and these would still come out fun. Sometimes, I like to make it a bit more fun to eat so I will use a fun muffin tin. You could even use individual ramekins for this.
It is really nice that you can make this for breakfast.
It is even nicer that the Frittata can really be eaten for any meal. The frittata is not just for breakfast. This makes for a delicious meal at any time of the day.
What do you add to a frittata?
Obviously, you will add eggs to this. I like to use a chopped green vegetable such a spinach, kale or broccoli. Adding a bit of onion can give a bit of a sweet taste or adding some garlic can enhance the frittata as well. I like to chop a bit of Roma tomatoes to add for an ‘Italian’ taste. Another idea would be to chop up a few tater tots for a bit of potato.
If I am feeling a meat of some kind, turkey patties that I have chopped up work well. Other meat ideas include chopped ham or bacon bits for a bacon taste.
Adding a bit of sugar alternative can also give a fun taste to your frittata.
The basic recipe
This is the basic frittata recipe. Additional ingredients, as I have mentioned above, can be introduced at your liking.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt- can sub in milk
- 1 cup of veggies- see above- can use more than one kind to get to 1 cup. If you are adding a meat, the meat will be part of the 1 cup total.
- 1 cup Shredded cheese- such a cheddar, Colby Jack or mozzarella.
- Seasonings to taste such as pepper, paprika, Italian seasonings or salt.
- Olive oil as needed
How to make this:
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prep your pans by rubbing a bit of olive oil on them.
- Line the bottom of each cup with your veggie/meat, evenly dispersed among the cups.
- In a medium bowl, whip together your eggs and yogurt. Add any desired seasonings to this.
- Layer the egg batter over the veggies and meat that are in each cup/tin.
- Sprinkle your cheese over the whipped egg and then add any additional seasonings that you want to add.
- Bake for 20-15 minutes or until to tops begin to brown. Allow to cool a bit before serving.