This simple 5 Ingredient Minestrone Soup has a lot going for it.
What I like best is how simple this is to make.
5 Ingredient Minestrone Soup
I accidentally came across this idea one winter day.
My son had come home from college, driving through the snow, and was hungry for something warm. I immediately raided my cupboard (I was hungry too) for something to make. That is when I came up with this idea.
There are certain things that I always have on hand in my kitchen.
Luckily, I had everything that I needed to make this soup with in that list of things. Sometimes, especially in the winter, it pays to be a quasi- hoarder.
For this recipe we use conveniences to cut a few corners.
By conveniences, I mean cheats or shortcut. Perhaps the most important cheat for this recipe is canned tomatoes. For this recipe, you can use stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes. Even better, looks for a can that already has seasonings added to it.
Another great cheat for this recipe is mixed vegetables.
You can use canned mixed vegetables or the vegetables that come frozen in a bag. Since canned vegetables usually come in 8- 15 ounces, simply coming close to 16 ounces should be okay (depending on your passion for veggies).
Also needed for this recipe would be a can of beans.
Kidney or cannellini beans are popular choices. To be honest, I don’t always even add beans to this recipe.
The recipe for 5 Ingredient Minestrone Soup
This recipe could easily be made in a slow cooker or pressure cooker following the directions from the manufacturer.
What you will need to make this.
- Chicken Broth- 6 Cups (can use 6 cups of water + 6 bullion cubes).
- Canned Diced or Stewed Tomatoes (can use seasoned can)- 1 can (27-28 ounce).
- Kidney Beans- 1 can (14-15 ounce).
- Mixed Vegetables- 2 cups (16 ounces or close to it if using canned).
- Pasta- 1 cup (will cook with soup).
How to make this recipe
While you are here, don’t miss these similar recipes.
I have a low carb Panera copycat broccoli cheddar soup. There is also a simple chicken tortilla soup. Lastly, all this week I will be featuring other great soup recipes.
To make this recipe, simply combine all of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Once it has begun to boil, reduce the heat to low-medium and allow to simmer for at least 10 minutes. Serve with bread and toppings of your choice.
5 Ingredient Minestrone Soup
- Chicken Broth- 6 Cups can use 6 cups of water + 6 bullion cubes.
- Canned Diced or Stewed Tomatoes can use seasoned can- 1 can (27-28 ounce).
- Kidney Beans- 1 can 14-15 ounce.
- Mixed Vegetables- 2 cups 16 ounces or close to it if using canned.
- Pasta- 1 cup.
- To make this recipe, simply combine all of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Once it has begun to boil, reduce the heat to low-medium and allow to simmer for at least 10 minutes. Serve with bread and toppings of your choice.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!