Avocado and Chicken Wraps are really the quintessential summer meal it would seem.
Because it is so easy to make and so wholesome, this could be one of my favorite meal ideas.
Avocado and Chicken Wraps
Any food that comes in a wrap seems like a good idea to me.
That is because wraps are so easy to make. They are also so easy to eat.
Avocados are so well liked it would seem.
I like that the experts say they are rich in the ‘good fat’. Also, they have a good amount of Vitamin C and fiber. Thus, I like to enjoy my avocados because they are so good.
Chicken is the perfect protein to combine with the avocado.
It seems that we always have chicken in some form in our house. Whether it be in leftovers or in the freezer bag as strips, chicken is a convenient food to have around.
This wrap also has some veggies thrown in.
I like to add fresh veggies from my garden. There is plenty of basil for example. Also, I have plenty of tomatoes as well. Because these veggies are so abundant and yummy, it is even more of a reason to enjoy this wrap during the summer.
We like to have a variety of wraps on hand in our house at all times.
This is because there is so much that we can do with them. One of my favorite kinds of wraps are the low carb ones. I also like the taste of the spinach and herb wraps because they can a bit of taste to things. You can find these wraps and even more on Amazon by the way. Tortillas can be used as well.
The recipe for avocado and chicken wraps
The amount of each item that you use really has to do with the size of the wrap itself as wraps generally come in different size. Sometimes, in different shapes as well.
What you will need per wrap
- Wrap or Tortilla- 1
- Dressing, Salsa, or Mayo- 2 teaspoons
- Basil or other Lettuce leaves- About* 1/2 cup per wrap
- Tomatoes- About* 1/4 cup sliced per wrap
- Sliced Avocado- 1/2 per wrap
- Chicken- About* 1/4 cup per wrap, shredded or in strips work best.
- Shredded Cheese- About* a tablespoon per wrap
*I say “about” as the amount will vary due to the size of the wrap or tortilla that you use.
How to make this
- Lie the wrap or tortilla flat on a cutting board and spread the dressing, salsa, or mayo over the center 2/3rd of it.
- Working in layers from the center, place the basil or lettuce over that center 2/3rd of the wrap.
- Over the lettuce, place your tomatoes and then the avocado.
- Next disperse the chicken evenly throughout and then top with the cheese.
- To wrap the ingredients, simply fold up the bottom of the tortilla folding where the fillings start (center 2/3rds). Then. starting at one side with the folded area on the bottom, roll the wrap/tortilla taking care to tuck in escaping contents as needed.
- Secure with a toothpick if needed. Enjoy!!