160 2 2.7K
Thankfully, there is a way to make Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
I like that it tastes pretty good as well.
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo is probably the last thing that you would think would be low carb.
That is because there is pasta and a white sauce involved in the normal recipe for this. However, we are using alternatives that make this a lower carbohydrate meal to enjoy.
Chicken Alfredo is known as that pasta in a rich white sauce.
Because it is in a rich white sauce, Chicken Alfredo is filling and satisfying to eat. By the way, you do not have to add chicken to this and could make this simply an Alfredo Pasta dish.
The ingredients for this are actually rather basic.
Obviously, you will need pasta in this recipe.
In order to make this low carb, we will be using low carb pasta. You can find a variety of low carb pastas to choose from online. Some pasta is near calorie-free as well.
Heavy cream is also needed in this recipe.
Surprisingly, heavy cream is pretty low in carbohydrates. You could alternatively use Greek Yogurt- which I give instructions here for using.
I have other pasta recipes that you may be interested in.
My low carb mac and cheese is a dream come true in my opinion. Also, my 3 cheese baked lobster macaroni and cheese is another popular choice.
Be sure to follow me on facebook and subscribe to my recipes via email to keep up to date as well.
The recipe for Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
As mentioned, you can make this with or without the chicken. Also, see the post above for alternatives.
What you will need to make this recipe.
- Low carb pasta such as Fettuccine- 10-12 ounces prepared.
- Chicken Breast- 2, prepared and sliced. You can use an easy cheat and use precooked chicken strips instead.
- Butter- 1 stick divided in half.
- Heavy Cream- 2 cups. See post for alternatives.
- Black Pepper- 1/4 teaspoon.
- Ground Nutmeg- 1/4 teaspoon.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (can use a mix of Parmesan and Romano)- 1 1/2 cups.
- Optional- seasonings as desired.
- Also Optional- mixed vegetables such as broccoli and sliced peppers- 1 cup or as desired.
How to make Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
- Prepare your chicken and pasta as indicated. You can use already prepared and packaged products such as precooked chicken strips as well. Also, if you are using vegetables that need to be cooked, you can do so at this point. Set this aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, start my melting half of your butter. When this has melted stir in your heavy cream, remaining butter, butter and nutmeg until these seem blended then switch from a spoon to a whisk and whisk for another minute. Lastly, stir in your prepared chicken strips. If you are adding vegetables and would like your vegetables to be cooked with the other ingredients, you can add them here. Otherwise, you can serve the vegetables with the pasta.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and then stir in the grated cheese until the cheese has melted.
- You have three options here for serving. Option one would be to stir in the pasta and serve this. Also, Option two would be to serve the sauce over the pasta (and also vegetables if desired). Option three would be to add everything to a casserole and bake it for 30-35 minutes (I would sprinkle a bit of extra cheese over this.).
160 2 2.7K