These Sugar Free No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars really make for an easy treat.
I like that I can make this, freeze them away, and then grab them on the go when I am in a hurry to get out of the house.
Sugar Free No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
You should know that this is really an easy recipe for you to make.
All it takes to make this are a few ingredients and a microwave. I like easy recipes like this one. Especially, when they yield something yummy in the end.
This is a recipe that I like to make and then store in the freezer.
When I am heading out of the door in the morning and I am in a rush, I will often reach into my freezer and grab one of these. They give me energy on they are ever so convenient. I really love that I know exactly what goes into these bars. That makes them a good choice for me as I tend to want to avoid certain ingredients.
These Sugar Free No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars also make for a great snack.
You do not have to freeze them, as I do. You can simply cut them up into bars and serve them to a crowd. They certainly make for a perfect snack for kids at a soccer game or even in a school lunch.
This is really a sugar free take on a popular bar recipe that has a number of variations of it’s own.
We will add a sugar free alternative to this. We will be using a sugar free powdered sugar alternative.
You will also need sugar free peanut butter.
Most store bought brands of peanut butter contain sugar. However, you can easily make your own sugar free peanut butter using this recipe or you can purchase sugar free peanut butter online.
Lastly, we will be using sugar free chocolate chips.
Sugar free chocolate chips are something that I use quite often in my recipes. You can find sugar free chocolate chips online as they may be difficult to find locally- at least where I live.
The recipe for Sugar Free No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
What you will need to make this with.
- Butter (unsalted)- 1 1/2 sticks.
- Peanut Butter (sugar free)- 1/2 cups. I used smooth for this recipe.
- Sugar Free Powdered Sugar- 1 cup (see post for details).
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
- Quick Oats- 3 cups.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- 1 cup (see post for purchasing options).
How to make this recipe.
- Prep a 9 X 9 or similar baking dish (the smaller the dish=the taller your bars will be..) using parchment paper that is larger than the pan itself. This will make it easy for you to remove the finished product from the pan for slicing and serving.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place your butter and peanut butter. Microwave this on medium high until melted. You will need to stir this every 30 seconds while microwaving.
- Remove from the microwave and add the sugar free powdered sugar and the vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Stir in your oats adding them one cup at a time. If after adding the third cup the mix seems to be too loose or wet, you can add a bit more oats one tablespoon at a time, stirring every time you add the oats. Some folks prefer these a bit dry as well.I prefer these bars to be more on the loose side than on the dry side.
- Press the mix into your dish and allow to cool a bit. You can place them into the refrigerator if desired.
- When you are ready to add the chocolate topping, simply melt your chocolate chips in the microwave using the same method as you did with the peanut butter. Microwave on medium high stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour the chocolate onto the peanut butter oatmeal bars spreading the chocolate as needed. When the chocolate has cooled and hardened, you can cut them into bars. I freeze my peanut butter oatmeal bars after slicing them for a quick on the go treat.